Monday, April 30, 2012

Day three...

Tonight we are in Joplin, Missouri. Joplin is in the southwest part of Missouri and right in the heart of tornado country. We turned the tv on tonight and there was a tornado watch for an area just 40 or 50 miles west of here. We checked with the hotel desk and they said if a tornado is in this are, they call the rooms and have everyone go down to the basement of the building. Just a little excitement! We just missed some bad storms today. We could see the black clouds and feel the strong winds but luckily we missed it all. Today we gained an hour as we moved into the central time zone.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of "weather" happenings as I prayed for your safty in travel! For goodness sakes (as Grandma Perkett would say)..I had better update my prayer journal. May today be a day of sunshine travel ~

    ReplyDelete