This morning we left our cabin in Tropic and continued on across the rest of Utah. We have found that Utah is by far rthe most beautiful state we have visited so far. Today as we drove, each bend in the road brought a more spectacular sight than the one before. There is so much public land in Utah which makes it great for hiking, camping, etc. It is also very remote. It is a very long way between little towns. On our route today, we once again drove up a mountain to the summit at 9,600 feet. The road must have gone right along the ridge of the mountain as at one point, there was just the road with a steep drop off on either side of it. About this time I realized there are no guard rails. I don't think I saw any in all of Utah. I guess they assume everyone pays close attention to their driving!!
I tried to capture the varying landscape in pictures but it was impossible. The pictures look so blah compared to the sights in person. The rocks vary in color and shape. Mixed in there are some huge fields, more rock formations and then we passed through the desert.
We made it into Colorado where we will spend the night and continue on to Todd and Sylvia's in Golden, CO tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment